Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What happens when you don't post for 6 months...

Last time I wrote was following the memorial for my Grandmother (mom's mom) who passed away in September.
About two weeks ago my Grandfather (dad's dad) passed away.
Jill & Grandpa c. 2009 in Kailua Kona, HI
It's been a rough year on my family.  While we rejoice that Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Lou are in heaven, we still miss them and grieve the loss we feel.
You'd think I'd be used to this grief thing by now, but... nope.  Still hurts.

Anyway, I feel I OUGHT to update you on my life a bit.
Since September, there has been a lot of happy stuff, too.
See?  Happy!  (Hiking in Tujunga Canyon, Angeles National Forest)
I taught some books in the CSBS (Chronological School of Biblical Studies):  Ruth, Job, Zephaniah, & Esther.  Our CSBS students finished the Old Testament and are well into the New Testament, studying James & Galatians this week.  They will graduate on June 21st and be commissioned to change their world with the truth of God's Word, whether in their hometowns or abroad.

I also taught in two DTS (Discipleship Training Schools) on Inductive Bible Study using the books of Philemon and Ephesians.  I've heard a lot of positive feedback from these students that they feel equipped to study the Bible and to teach others!  The current DTS students are now on outreach in Kenya, Panama/Costa Rica, and Ecuador and I'm excited to hear stories of how they used the tools of Inductive Bible Study to grow personally and also to study and teach the Bible!

But one of the big things that happened in the last 6 months is that I made a decision to move back to Washington this summer.  I think most of you already know this, but for those of you who didn't, now you do.

Wait... what???
It's true.
I'm moving back to Washington in July, after the CSBS graduates and I've packed my belongings into my little Kia Rio.  I'll be moving into my Grandma's house on my parents' property, fixing it up a bit, and making it my own.  I'm excited to live next-door to my mom and dad, to help out with things on the farm, and to live in the country again (fresh veggies, homegrown grass-fed beef, Lucia Falls, fir trees, Settlers of Catan with the neighbors across the creek...)
I'll also be getting a "normal" job, whatever that looks like.  I'm thinking coffee with some music on the side.  Having some consistent work hours, I hope to be able to be more involved with my family, my church, and my community.
My 11+ years with Youth With A Mission will come to an end in July and I'm still wrapping my mind around the implications of this statement.  I love YWAM.  I know I will miss many things about working in this organization, but I am also excited about what's to come.

Yep.
So, in case I don't update for another 6 months... that's what's up with me these days.

Above Lucia Falls, across the road from my house in WA








No comments:

Post a Comment